A ballet performance is one form of entertainment.
An example of entertainment is a ballet performance.
- an entertaining or being entertained
- something that entertains; interesting, diverting, or amusing thing; esp., a show or performance
Origin of entertainmentMiddle English and Old French entretenement
- The act of entertaining.
- The art or field of entertaining.
- Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show.
- The pleasure afforded by being entertained; amusement: The comedian performed for our entertainment.
- Archaic Maintenance; support.
- Obsolete Employment.
From Old French entretenement; see entertain.