- Entertainment is defined as a funny or interesting performance or show.
An example of entertainment is a ballet performance.
A ballet performance is one form of entertainment.
entertainment definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an entertaining or being entertained
- something that entertains; interesting, diverting, or amusing thing; esp., a show or performance
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French entretenement
entertainment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of entertaining.
- The art or field of entertaining.
- Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show.
- The pleasure afforded by being entertained; amusement: The comedian performed for our entertainment.
- Archaic Maintenance; support.
- Obsolete Employment.