Nicole takes her Siberian Husky to the dog park for recreation.
- Sports (Team sports, Individual sport)
- Camping and ecologic pursuits
- Food and dining
- Festivals and fairs
- Art, crafts, and sewing
- Social clubs
- Media entertainment (Books, Magazines, Movies, Television, Musicand Theater & Drama)
- Collecting, antiques, and hobbies
- Gaming (Casinos, Computer/interactive, Gaming systems)
- Family activities
- An example of recreation is the act of rebuilding a model after it fell on the floor and broke into several pieces.
- An example of recreation is playing soccer.
- An example of recreation is watching television or old movies.
- An example of recreation is sitting at your kitchen table laughing with a friend.
Recreation is defined as the act of making something for the second time, or refreshment of the mind, body or spirit through play and relaxation.
Types of Recreation
The exact method or application of recreation varies greatly from individual to individual. Common areas include:
- refreshment in body or mind, as after work, by some form of play, amusement, or relaxation
- any form of play, amusement, or relaxation used for this purpose, as games, sports, or hobbies
Origin of recreationMiddle English recreacioun from Middle French recreation from Classical Latin recreatio: see recreate
- Refreshment of one's mind or body after work through activity that amuses or stimulates; play.
- An activity that provides such refreshment.
From French rÃ©crÃ©ation
- The process of recreating something.
- The result of this process.
re- + creation
- Alternative form of recreation (the process of recreating or the result of this process).