- The definition of a creation is something that has been made or brought into existence.
- An example of a creation is a baby.
- An example of a creation is a painting.
- An example of a creation is a meal.
- a creating or being created
- the universe and everything in it; all the world
- anything created; esp., something original created by the imagination; invention, design, etc.
Origin of creationMiddle English creacion ; from Classical Latin creatio
Theol. God's creating of the world
- a. The act of creating.b. The fact or state of having been created.
- The act of investing with a new office or title.
- a. The world and all things in it.b. All creatures or a class of creatures.
- Creation The divine act by which, according to various religious and philosophical traditions, the world was brought into existence.
- An original product of human invention or artistic imagination: the latest creation in the field of computer design.
(countable and uncountable, plural creations)
- (countable) Something created such as an invention or artwork.
- I think the manufacturer was so ashamed of its creation that it didn't put its name on it!
- (uncountable) The act of creating something.
- The restructure resulted in the creation of a number of shared services.
- (uncountable) All which exists.
- Let us pray to Christ, the King of all creation.
- creation science
- Creator, creator
- creature comforts
- actioner, anticore, reaction, reäction