- The definition of a creation is something that has been made or brought into existence.
- An example of a creation is a baby.
- An example of a creation is a painting.
- An example of a creation is a meal.
creation definition by Webster's New World
- a creating or being created
- the universe and everything in it; all the world
- anything created; esp., something original created by the imagination; invention, design, etc.
Origin: Middle English creacion ; from Classical Latin creatio
creation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of creating.b. The fact or state of having been created.
- The act of investing with a new office or title.
- a. The world and all things in it.b. All creatures or a class of creatures.
- Creation The divine act by which, according to various religious and philosophical traditions, the world was brought into existence.
- An original product of human invention or artistic imagination: the latest creation in the field of computer design.
- cre·aˈtion·al adjective
creation - Cultural Definition
God's creation of the world as described in the Book of Genesis, commencing in this way: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. And the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, ‘Let there be light’: and there was light.” According to this account, the Creation took six days, with God creating Adam and Eve on the sixth day and resting on the seventh day. Genesis also gives another account of the Creation, in which God makes Adam out of clay, prepares the Garden of Eden for him, and then fashions Eve out of Adam's rib.
creation - Phrases/Idioms