- The definition of a picnic is a cut of cured pork.
A shoulder cut of ham is an example of a picnic ham.
- Picnic is defined as a meal eaten outdoors, or an occasion where people come together to eat outside.
- When you take a blanket to the park and eat outside, this is an example of a picnic.
- When your family gets together and grills hot dogs and spends time together eating outside, this is an example of a family picnic.
- To picnic is to eat outside.
When you pack food and a blanket and go to the park and eat under a tree, this is an example of a situation where you picnic.
A family enjoying a picnic.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a pleasure outing at which a meal is eaten outdoors
- ☆ a shoulder cut of pork, cured like ham
- a pleasant experience
- an easy task
Origin: Fr pique-nique, probably from piquer, to pick plush nique, a trifle from Old French niquier, to nod
- picnicker noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A meal eaten outdoors, as on an excursion.
- Slang An easy task or a pleasant experience.
- A smoked section of pork foreleg and shoulder.
Origin: French pique-nique, probably reduplication of piquer, to pick; see pique .
- picˈnick·er noun
- picˈnick·y adjective
picnic - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.