- a day devoted to military exercises and display
- a day of athletic events and contests
- ☆ a day spent in outdoor scientific study
- an occasion of enjoyably exciting events, extraordinary opportunity, or highly successful activity: the press had a field day with the senator's confession
See field day in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. A day set aside for sports or athletic competition.
b. An outdoor meeting, social event, or festivity.
c. A day for military exercises, maneuvers, or display.
- Informal A time of great pleasure, activity, or opportunity: The media had a field day with the sensational story.
Learn more about field day