outing definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a pleasure trip or holiday outdoors or away from home
- an outdoor walk, ride, etc.
- a public performance or appearance, specif. one by a pitcher in a baseball game
outing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An excursion, typically a pleasure trip.
- A walk outdoors.
- The exposing of one assumed to be or wishing to be considered heterosexual as being gay, lesbian, or bisexual.
- An athletic competition or an appearance therein: The rookie pitcher threw a no-hitter in his first outing with the team.