- a feast or picnic, originally at the seashore, at which clams are steamed or baked with lobster, chicken, corn on the cob, etc., originally on heated stones under a covering of seaweed
- the food so prepared
- Informal any large, noisy social gathering
- A seashore picnic where clams, fish, corn, and other foods are traditionally baked on heated stones covered with seaweed.
- Informal A noisy or lively party or gathering.
- An informal beach party in which food, usually seafood, is cooked in a pit dug in the sand, filled with hot coals.
- (slang, chiefly West Coast US) An instance of smoking (usually marijuana) in an enclosed space.
- (figuratively) Informal, makeshift, sloppy.
(third-person singular simple present clambakes, present participle clambaking, simple past and past participle clambaked)
- (intransitive, slang, chiefly West Coast US) To smoke marijuana in an enclosed space such as a car with the windows up.
- (slang, chiefly West Coast US) To enclose something and fill it with smoke by smoking (usually marijuana) inside it.
- We clambaked the car last night!