- the fact or quality of being impossible
- pl. -·ties something impossible
Origin of impossibilityOld French impossibilite ; from Late Latin impossibilitas
- The condition or quality of being impossible.
- Something impossible.
(countable and uncountable, plural impossibilities)
- Something that is impossible.
- Meeting the deadline is an impossibility; there is no way we can be ready in time.
- (uncountable) The quality of being impossible.
From Middle French impossibilité, from Latin impossibilitās.
impossibility - Legal Definition