that nettles, or annoys
Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
(comparative more nettlesome, superlative most nettlesome)
- (of a person, thing, situation, etc.) Causing irritation, annoyance, or discomfort; bothersome, irksome.
- My poison ivy rash is very nettlesome.
- (of a task, problem, etc.) Thorny; difficult to deal with, especially due to being complex or tricky.
- The task of proving Fermat's “last" theorem remains nettlesome.
- Be careful what you say to him; he's a nettlesome fellow.
nettle +"Ž -some