- The definition of angry is feeling or showing strong discontent or resentment.
A person who is clenching his fists and shouting because someone broke his car window is an example of someone who is angry.
This woman is angry.
angry definition by Webster's New World
angry definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective an·gri·er, an·gri·est
- Feeling or showing anger; incensed or enraged: angry at a rude neighbor; angry with a salesclerk.
- Indicative of or resulting from anger: an angry silence.
- Having a menacing aspect; threatening: angry clouds on the horizon.
- Chiefly New England & Midland U.S. Inflamed and painful: an angry sore.
Origin: Middle English angri, from anger, anger; see anger.
- anˈgri·ly adverb
- anˈgri·ness noun