This woman is angry.
- The definition of angry is feeling or showing strong discontent or resentment.
A person who is clenching his fists and shouting because someone broke his car window is an example of someone who is angry.
- Feeling or showing anger; incensed or enraged: angry at my boss; angry with her.
- Indicative of or resulting from anger: an angry silence.
- Having a menacing aspect; threatening: angry clouds on the horizon.
- Chiefly New England & Midland US Inflamed and painful: an angry sore.
Origin of angryMiddle English angri, from anger, anger; see anger.
(comparative angrier, superlative angriest)
- Displaying or feeling anger.
- His face became angry.
- An angry mob started looting the warehouse.
- (said about a wound or a rash) Inflamed and painful.
- The broken glass left two angry cuts across my arm.
- (figuratively, said about the sky or the sea) Dark and stormy, menacing.
- Angry clouds raced across the sky.
From Middle English, see anger