An example of furious is a person who just discovers that her house has been robbed.
- full of fury or wild rage; violently angry
- moving violently; violently overpowering: a furious attack
- very great; intense: with furious speed
Origin of furiousMiddle English from Old French furieus from Classical Latin furiosus
- Full of or characterized by extreme anger; raging. See Synonyms at angry.
- Full of intensity; energetic or fierce: the furious pace of the trading floor.
Origin of furiousMiddle English from Old French furieus from Latin furiōsus from furia fury ; see fury .
(comparative more furious, superlative most furious)
From Old French furieus, from Latin furiosus