- The definition of furious is full of anger or rage.
An example of furious is a person who just discovers that her house has been robbed.
- full of fury or wild rage; violently angry
- moving violently; violently overpowering: a furious attack
- very great; intense: with furious speed
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French furieus ; from Classical Latin furiosus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Full of or characterized by extreme anger; raging.
- Suggestive of extreme anger in action or appearance; fierce. See Synonyms at angry.
- Full of activity; energetic or rapid: the furious pace of the trading floor.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French furieus, from Latin furiōsus, from furia, fury; see Fury .
- fuˈri·ous·ly adverb