- The definition of demonstrative is someone who is prone to showing affection or emotion, or something that serves as a demonstration or as conclusive evidence and proof.
- A person who is hugging and cuddling all the time is an example of someone who is demonstrative.
- An experiment that shows how gravity works is an example of a demonstrative experiment.
- Research the provides solid proof of something is an example of demonstrative proof.
demonstrative definition by Webster's New World
- that demonstrates or shows; illustrative
- giving convincing evidence or conclusive proof: usually with of
- having to do with demonstration
- showing feelings openly and frankly
- Gram. pointing out; specifying: “this” is a demonstrative pronoun
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French demonstratif ; from Classical Latin demonstrativus: see demonstrate
Gram. a demonstrative pronoun or adjective
demonstrative definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Serving to manifest or prove.
- Involving or characterized by demonstration.
- Given to or marked by the open expression of emotion: an affectionate and demonstrative family.
- Grammar Specifying or singling out the person or thing referred to: the demonstrative pronouns these and that.
A demonstrative pronoun or adjective.
- de·monˈstra·tive·ly adverb
- de·monˈstra·tive·ness noun