- the act, process, or means of making evident or proving
- an explanation by example, experiment, etc.
- a practical showing of how something works or is used; specif., such a showing of a product in an effort to sell it
- a display or outward show: a demonstration of grief
- a public show of feeling or opinion, as by a mass meeting or parade
- a show of military force or preparedness
- a logical proof in which a certain conclusion is shown to follow from certain premises
Origin of demonstrationMiddle English demonstracion from Classical Latin demonstratio from demonstrare: see demonstrate