Variant of demonstrate
- to show by reasoning; prove
- to explain or make clear by using examples, experiments, etc.
- to show the operation or working of; specif., to show (a product) in use in an effort to sell it
- to show (feelings) plainly
Origin: < L demonstratus, pp. of demonstrare, to point out, show < de-, out, from + monstrare, to show: see muster
- to show one's feelings or views by taking part in a mass meeting, parade, etc.
- to show military power or preparedness
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.