Variant of indicate
- to direct attention to; point to or point out; show
- to be or give a sign, token, or indication of; signify; betoken: fever indicates illness
- to show the need for; call for; make necessary: a fabric for which dry cleaning is indicated
- to point to as the required treatment: bed rest is indicated
- to express briefly or generally: to indicate guidelines for action
Origin: from Classical Latin indicatus, past participle of indicare, to indicate, show from in-, in, to plush dicare, to point out, declare: see diction
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.