- of or having to do with emotion or the emotions
- showing emotion, esp. strong emotion
- easily aroused to emotion; quick to weep, be angry, etc.
- appealing to the emotions; moving people to tears, anger, etc.
This woman is getting emtional over a television show.
The definition of emotional is something that makes you have a strong feeling.
An example of emotional is a type of movie that makes you cry.
- Of or relating to emotion: an emotional illness; emotional crises.
- Readily affected with or stirred by emotion: an emotional person who often weeps.
- Arousing or intended to arouse the emotions: an emotional appeal.
- Marked by or exhibiting emotion: an emotional farewell.
(comparative more emotional, superlative most emotional)
emotion + -al
- We have understandable emotional responses to all these situations.
- All her emotional and physical efforts were directed toward helping him recover and taking care of things at home.
- I've just been so emotional lately.
- At that moment of emotional tenderness young Nicholas' face, which resembled his father's, affected Pierre so much that when he had kissed the boy he got up quickly, took out his handkerchief, and went to the window.
- His emotional voice was like an alarm clock in her brain.