- The definition of emotional is something that makes you have a strong feeling.
An example of emotional is a type of movie that makes you cry.
This woman is getting emtional over a television show.
emotional definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with emotion or the emotions
- showing emotion, esp. strong emotion
- easily aroused to emotion; quick to weep, be angry, etc.
- appealing to the emotions; moving people to tears, anger, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- emotionally adverb
emotional definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to emotion: an emotional illness; emotional crises.
- Readily affected with or stirred by emotion: an emotional person who often weeps.
- Arousing or intended to arouse the emotions: an emotional appeal.
- Marked by or exhibiting emotion: an emotional farewell.
- e·moˌtion·alˈi·ty noun
- e·moˈtion·al·ly adverb