emotional[ē mō′s̸hə nəl, i-]
- The definition of emotional is something that makes you have a strong feeling.
An example of emotional is a type of movie that makes you cry.
This woman is getting emtional over a television show.
- of or having to do with emotion or the emotions
- showing emotion, esp. strong emotion
- easily aroused to emotion; quick to weep, be angry, etc.
- appealing to the emotions; moving people to tears, anger, etc.
- Of or relating to emotion: an emotional illness; emotional crises.
- Readily affected with or stirred by emotion: an emotional person who often weeps.
- Arousing or intended to arouse the emotions: an emotional appeal.
- Marked by or exhibiting emotion: an emotional farewell.
(comparative more emotional, superlative most emotional)
- Of or relating to the emotions.
- emotional crisis
- Characterised by emotion.
- Determined by emotion rather than reason.
- emotional decision
- Appealing to or arousing emotion.
- emotional speech
- Easily affected by emotion.
- She’s an emotional person.
- Readily displaying emotion.
- emotional greeting