inexpressive[in′eks pres′iv, -ik spres′-]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- Archaic inexpressible
- not expressive; lacking meaning or expression
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Lacking expression; blank: an inexpressive stare.
- Devoid of emotion or style; flat or dull: an inexpressive violin performance.
- inˌex·presˈsive·ly adverb
- inˌex·presˈsive·ness noun