- The definition of impassive is someone who is calm and not feeling pain.
An example of impassive is an experienced doctor in an emergency room.
- not feeling pain; not liable to suffering; insensible
- not feeling or showing emotion; placid; calm
Origin: from in- plush passive
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Devoid of or not subject to emotion.
- Revealing no emotion; expressionless.
- Archaic Incapable of physical sensation.
- Motionless; still.
Origin: in-1 + passive, suffering (obsolete).
- im·pasˈsive·ly adverb
- im·pasˈsive·ness, imˌpas·sivˈi·ty noun