- The definition of impassive is someone who is calm and not feeling pain.
An example of impassive is an experienced doctor in an emergency room.
impassive definition by Webster's New World
- not feeling pain; not liable to suffering; insensible
- not feeling or showing emotion; placid; calm
Origin: ; from in- plush passive
impassive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Devoid of or not subject to emotion.
- Revealing no emotion; expressionless.
- Archaic Incapable of physical sensation.
- Motionless; still.
Origin: in-1 + passive, suffering (obsolete).
- im·pasˈsive·ly adverb
- im·pasˈsive·ness, imˌpas·sivˈi·ty noun