- The definition of insignificant is someone or something that is small, lacking in power, or otherwise not important.
- Having one crumb of bread is an example of having an insignificant amount of bread.
- When no one listens to your opinion and your thoughts don't matter, this is an example of a time when you are insignificant.
- having little or no meaning
- having little or no importance; trivial
- small; unimposing
- low in position, character, etc.; mean
Origin of insignificantin- + significant
- Not significant, especially:a. Lacking in importance; trivial.b. Lacking power, position, or value; worthy of little regard.c. Small in size or amount.
- Having little or no meaning.
(comparative more insignificant, superlative most insignificant)