- inconsequent; illogical
- of no consequence; unimportant; trivial
When you do silly busywork that makes no difference and that no one will look at, this is an example of work that would be described as inconsequential.
- Lacking importance.
- Not following from premises or evidence; illogical.
- in·con′se·quen′ti·al′i·ty in·con′se·quen′tial·ness
(comparative more inconsequential, superlative most inconsequential)
- Something unimportant; something that does not matter.
in- + consequential.
- It was a great love story - the sexuality of the players is inconsequential.
- The underwear is pricier than conventional fabric and since children grow so quickly, it seems silly to spend money on something so inconsequential.
- Maybe she hadn't thought of it because it seemed inconsequential at the time.
- On the way, Dean chatted about inconsequential things but pointedly asked about school.
- An inconsequential little voice said she should stop this because it was nothing more than lust on his part.