(in kän′si kwent′, -kwənt)
not consequent; specif.,
- not following as a result
- not following as a logical inference or conclusion; irrelevant
- not proceeding in logical sequence; characterized by lack of logic
See inconsequent in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Having no importance or significance.
- Inconsistent or illogical: inconsequent reasoning.
- Proceeding without a natural or logical sequence; haphazard: a speech full of inconsequent statements.
Origin: Late Latin incōnsequēns, incōnsequent-
Origin: : Latin in-, not; see in-1
Origin: + Latin cōnsequēns, consequent; see consequent
- in·conˈse·quent·ly adverb
Learn more about inconsequent