- Having a distinctive and characteristic quality or taste.
- Strong and sharp in flavor or odor; piquant or pungent.
- Risqué; ribald.
- Vigorous; lively.
Origin of racyFrom race1.
(comparative racier, superlative raciest)
- Having a strong flavor indicating origin; of distinct characteristic taste; tasting of the soil; hence, fresh; rich.
- Hence: Exciting to the mental taste by a strong or distinctive character of thought or language; peculiar and piquant; fresh and lively.
- Mildly risque, exciting.
- She wore a racy dress that was just barely appropriate for the occasion.