Lazy is defined as feeling like resting instead of working or moving around.adjective
An example of lazy is a cat in the sun.
The definition of lazy is slow or sluggish behavior.adjective
- An example of lazy is an athlete who is not training well.
- An example of lazy is an afternoon where there is not much action going on.
- not eager or willing to work or exert oneself; indolent; slothful
- slow and heavy; sluggish: a lazy river
- tending to cause laziness: a lazy day
- ☆ designating or of a letter or figure placed on its side in a livestock brand
Origin: Early ModE, prob. < MLowG or MDu, as in MLowG lasich, slack, loose < IE les-, slack, tired, akin to base *lēi-: see late
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective la·zi·er, la·zi·est
- Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
- Slow-moving; sluggish: a lazy river.
- Conducive to idleness or indolence: a lazy summer day.
- Depicted as reclining or lying on its side. Used of a brand on livestock.
Origin: Probably of Low German origin.
- laˈzi·ly adverb
- laˈzi·ness noun