This car is inactive.
An example of inactive is a car that won't start.
- not active or moving
- not inclined to act; idle; dull; sluggish
- not in use or force; not functioning
- not in active service in the armed forces
- not affecting the plane of polarized light: said of some isomers of certain optically active crystalline substances
- chemically inert
- Not active or tending to be active: inactive students at risk for gaining weight.
- a. Not functioning or operating; out of use: inactive machinery.b. Not being in continuous use or operation: an inactive brokerage account.
- Retired from duty or service: inactive military personnel.
- Chemistry Not readily participating in chemical reactions; inert.
- Medicine Marked by the absence or lessening of disease activity.
- Physics Showing no optical activity in polarized light.
- in′ac·tiv′i·ty, in·ac′tive·ness
(comparative more inactive, superlative most inactive)
- Not active, temporarily or permanently
- The volcano is inactive, but is only dormant.
- Not functioning or operating; broken down
- The photocopier is inactive pending repair.
- Retired from duty or service
- Admiral Jones is now on the inactive list.
- (chemistry) Relatively inert
- Aluminium is inactive towards water.
- (physics) Showing no optical activity in polarized light
- Synthetic glycine is optically inactive as it contains equal amounts of the d- and l- form.