operational[äp′ə rā′s̸hə nəl]
operational definition by Webster's New World
- of, having to do with, or derived from the operation of a device, system, process, etc.
- that can be used or operated
- in use; operating
- of or ready for use in a military operation
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- operationally adverb
operational definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to an operation or a series of operations.
- Of, intended for, or involved in military operations.
- Fit for proper functioning; ready for use: an operational aircraft.
- Being in effect or operation: “de facto apartheid still operational even in the ‘new’ African nations” (Leslie Marmon Silko).
- opˌer·aˈtion·al·ly adverb