- The definition of industrious is someone who is hardworking, dedicated and a problem solver.
An example of industrious is an employee who works hard and comes up with creative ideas.
- Obsolete skillful or clever
- characterized by earnest, steady effort; hardworking; diligent
Origin: from French or L: French industrieux from Classical Latin industriosus from industria: see industry
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Assiduous in work or study; diligent. See Synonyms at busy.
- Obsolete Skillful; clever.
- in·dusˈtri·ous·ly adverb
- in·dusˈtri·ous·ness noun