- a school where industrial arts are taught
- such a school to which neglected or delinquent youths are sent for rehabilitation
industrial schoolindustrial school
(plural industrial schools)
- A school specifically training for skills aimed at industrial employment.
- A small town's industrial school graduates often work in the local factory
- Such a residential school formally used to rehabilitate juvenile delinquents.
- Some industrial schools were known for exploiting and even belting their wayward boys on an almost industrial scale