- The definition of naughty is someone or something badly behaved, wicked or not in keeping with moral and social standards.
- A child who behaves badly is an example of a child who would be described as naughty.
- Immoral thoughts related to sex are an example of thoughts that would be described as naughty thoughts.
A pair of naughty little children.
- Behaving disobediently or mischievously: a naughty child.
- Indecent; improper: a naughty wink.
One that is naughty.
Origin of naughtyMiddle English noughti, wicked, from nought, nothing, evil, from Old English nāwiht, nothing; see naught.
(comparative naughtier, superlative naughtiest)
- (now rare, archaic) Evil, wicked, morally reprehensible. [from 15th c.]
- Mischievous; tending to misbehave or act badly (especially of a child). [from 17th c.]
- Some naughty boys at school hid the teacher's lesson notes.
- Immoral, sexually provocative; now in weakened sense, risquÃ©, cheeky. [from 19th c.]
- I bought some naughty lingerie for my honeymoon.
- If I see you send another naughty email to your friends, you will be forbidden from using the computer!
From naught +"Ž -y.