- not of or limited to this world; unearthly
- not concerned with the affairs, pleasures, etc. of this world
- not worldly-wise; unsophisticated
- Having or showing little understanding of the ways of the world; naive or impractical: “an unworldly scholar, who ruined his eyesight and his health through the single-minded study of the details of Greek syntax” (Roy Harris).
- a. Not of this world; spiritual or supernatural: “ghosts and other unworldly forms of life” (Patrick Jones).b. Suggestive of another world, as in being bizarre or eerie: “the unworldly jagged terrain of a recent lava flow” (Michael Crichton).
(comparative more unworldly, superlative most unworldly)