- An example of sophistication is a person who enjoys opera.
- An example of sophistication is a computer having all of the newest updates.
Sophistication is defined as having character and tastes based on intelligence and worldly experience, or a quality of refinement.
- Archaic the use of sophistry
- the act or process of sophisticating
- the state, quality, or character of being sophisticated
Origin of sophisticationMiddle English sophisticacioun from Medieval Latin sophisticatio
(countable and uncountable, plural sophistications)
sophisticate +"Ž -ion