- Education is defined as the process of gaining knowledge.
An example of education is attending college and studying.
A child using a computer as part of her education.
- the process of training and developing the knowledge, skill, mind, character, etc., esp. by formal schooling; teaching; training
- knowledge, ability, etc. thus developed
- formal schooling at an institution of learning
- a stage of this: a high-school education
- systematic study of the methods and theories of teaching and learning
Origin of educationClassical Latin educatio: see educate
- The act or process of educating or being educated.
- The knowledge or skill obtained or developed by a learning process.
- A program of instruction of a specified kind or level: driver education; a college education.
- The field of study that is concerned with the pedagogy of teaching and learning.
- An instructive or enlightening experience: Her work in an animal shelter was a real education.
- (uncountable) The process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment.
- A good teacher is essential for a good education.
- (countable) Facts, skills and ideas that have been learned, either formally or informally.
- He has had a classical education.
- The educations our children receive depend on their economic status.
- auctioned, cautioned