Education is defined as the process of gaining knowledge.noun
An example of education is attending college and studying.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the process of training and developing the knowledge, skill, mind, character, etc., esp. by formal schooling; teaching; training
- knowledge, ability, etc. thus developed
- formal schooling at an institution of learning
- a stage of this: a high-school education
- systematic study of the methods and theories of teaching and learning
Origin: L educatio: see educate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of educating or being educated.
- The knowledge or skill obtained or developed by a learning process.
- A program of instruction of a specified kind or level: driver education; a college education.
- The field of study that is concerned with the pedagogy of teaching and learning.
- An instructive or enlightening experience: Her work in the inner city was a real education.
education - Computer Definition
Teaching concepts and perspectives. Computer education includes computer systems and information systems. Contrast with training.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.