- Education is defined as the process of gaining knowledge.
An example of education is attending college and studying.
A child using a computer as part of her education.
education definition by Webster's New World
- the process of training and developing the knowledge, skill, mind, character, etc., esp. by formal schooling; teaching; training
- knowledge, ability, etc. thus developed
- formal schooling at an institution of learning
- a stage of this: a high-school education
- systematic study of the methods and theories of teaching and learning
Origin: Classical Latin educatio: see educate
education definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process of educating or being educated.
- The knowledge or skill obtained or developed by a learning process.
- A program of instruction of a specified kind or level: driver education; a college education.
- The field of study that is concerned with the pedagogy of teaching and learning.
- An instructive or enlightening experience: Her work in the inner city was a real education.
education - Computer Definition
Teaching concepts and perspectives. Computer education includes computer systems and information systems. Contrast with training.