- Training is the process of being conditioned or taught to do something, or is the process of learning and being conditioned.
- When you teach a new employee how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When the employee is learning how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When you are running every day to prepare for a marathon, this is an example of training.
- the action or method of one that trains
- the process or experience of being trained
- The process or routine of one who trains.
- The state of being trained.
- Present participle of train.
(countable and uncountable, plural trainings)
- Action of the verb to train.
- The activity of imparting and acquiring skills.
- The result of good social upbringing.
- (computing) The process by which two modems determine which protocol and speed to use; handshaking.
- (voice recognition) The recording of multiple samples of a user's voice to aid pattern recognition.
training - Computer Definition
(1) Teaching the details of a subject. With regard to software, training provides instruction for each command and function in an application. Contrast with education.
(2) In communications, the process by which two modems determine the correct protocols and transmission speeds to use.
(3) In voice recognition systems, the recording of the user's voice in order to provide samples and patterns for recognizing that voice.