- Training is the process of being conditioned or taught to do something, or is the process of learning and being conditioned.
- When you teach a new employee how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When the employee is learning how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When you are running every day to prepare for a marathon, this is an example of training.
- the action or method of one that trains
- the process or experience of being trained
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The process or routine of one who trains.
- The state of being trained.
training - Computer Definition
(1) Teaching the details of a subject. With regard to software, training provides instruction for each command and function in an application. Contrast with education.
(2) In communications, the process by which two modems determine the correct protocols and transmission speeds to use.
(3) In voice recognition systems, the recording of the user's voice in order to provide samples and patterns for recognizing that voice.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.