- Training is the process of being conditioned or taught to do something, or is the process of learning and being conditioned.
- When you teach a new employee how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When the employee is learning how the business works, this is an example of training.
- When you are running every day to prepare for a marathon, this is an example of training.
training definition by Webster's New World
- the action or method of one that trains
- the process or experience of being trained
training definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The process or routine of one who trains.
- The state of being trained.
training - Computer Definition
(1) Teaching the details of a subject. With regard to software, training provides instruction for each command and function in an application. Contrast with education.
(2) In communications, the process by which two modems determine the correct protocols and transmission speeds to use.
(3) In voice recognition systems, the recording of the user's voice in order to provide samples and patterns for recognizing that voice.