- Preparation is defined as the level of readiness.
An example of preparation is how prepared a presenter is to give a speech.
- Preparation means the actions taken to get something ready.
An example of preparation is a cook chopping up ingredients for a soup.
- The definition of a preparation is a mixture made for a specific use.
An example of a preparation is a sauce made for use in a meal the next day.
preparation definition by Webster's New World
- the act or process of preparing
- the condition of being prepared; readiness
- something done to prepare; preparatory measure
- something prepared for a special purpose, as a medicine, cosmetic, condiment, etc.
- the preparing for a dissonant chord by using the dissonant tone as a consonant tone in the immediately preceding chord
- a tone so used
Origin: Middle English preparacion ; from Middle French preparation ; from Classical Latin praeparatio
- preparational adjective
preparation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process of preparing.
- The state of having been made ready beforehand; readiness.
- A preliminary measure that serves to make ready for something. Often used in the plural: preparations for the wedding.
- A substance, such as a medicine, prepared for a particular purpose.
- Music a. The anticipation of a dissonant tone by means of its introduction as a consonant tone in the preceding chord.b. The dissonant tone so anticipated.
preparation - Medical Definition