- The definition of a rehearsal is a practice session or practice performance done prior to a real event or before viewing by an audience.
When actors who are putting on a play get together every day to go over their lines and plan out how the play will be performed, these practice sessions are an example of a rehearsal.
rehearsal definition by Webster's New World
- the act of rehearsing, reciting, or recounting: a rehearsal of her troubles
- a drilling or repeating for practice before future performance
- a practice performance of a play, concert, etc., or of part of it, in preparation for a public or formal performance
- any practice, exercise, or drill; trial
Origin: Middle English rehersaille: see rehearse and amp; -al
rehearsal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of practicing in preparation for a public performance.
- A session of practice for a performance, as of a play.
- A detailed enumeration or repetition: a long rehearsal of his woes.
rehearsal - Medical Definition
- rehearse verb
rehearsal - Phrases/Idioms