- ⌂ preparatory: a prep school
- ⌂ of or having to do with competitive sports at the high-school level
- to attend a preparatory school
- to prepare oneself by study, training, etc.
to prepare (a person or thing) for something; specif., to prepare (a patient) for surgery, childbirth, etc.
Preparatory: a college prep course; did extensive prep work for the interview.
- A preparatory school.
- Preparation: Daily practices are the best prep for the upcoming track meet.
- A preppie.
verbprepped, prep·ping, preps
- To be enrolled in and attend a preparatory school.
- To prepare for something: prepping for a radio interview.
- To prepare (someone) for a medical examination or surgical procedure.
- To prepare or prime: prep a surface for painting.
- (emergency medicine) Initialism of pre-exposure prophylaxis.