- Homework is defined as the work a student must do outside of class.
A math worksheet done after dinner is an example of homework.
- The definition of homework is the research that must be done to prepare for informed discussion.
An advertising team reading up on prospective clients they will soon meet is an example of homework.
A woman helps her daughter with her homework.
- work, esp. piecework, done at home
- lessons to be studied or schoolwork to be done outside the classroom
- ☆ study or research in preparation for some project, activity, etc.used mainly in the phrase do one's homework
- Work, such as schoolwork or piecework, that is done at home.
- Preparatory or preliminary work: did their homework before coming to the meeting.
The term is generally used to refer to primary or secondary school assignments as opposed to college-level coursework.