- the apparatus or technology for recording and playing videocassettes or videodiscs on a TV set in the home
- prerecorded videocassettes or videodiscs, esp. of films, as seen on a TV set in the home
- An amateur video made in the home or documenting a family event.
- The medium in which movies are recorded and distributed for viewing in the home: a movie released on home video.
home video - Computer Definition
(1) Recording movies of the family with a video camera (see camcorder).
(2) Watching movies from all sources at home.
(3) An umbrella term for rentals and purchases of movies on DVD and Blu-ray discs. The term used to refer to prerecorded Betamax and VHS tapes, which had their heyday in the 1980s and 1990s. See home theater.