A mom helps her son with his homework assignment.
- The definition of an assignment is a task that has been given to someone.
An example of an assignment is homework given to a student.
- An assignment is defined as a position held in government or an organization that bears great responsibility.
An example of an assignment is the position of any US Ambassador.
- Assignment means the act of choosing someone to take a position of great responsibility.
An example of assignment is the act of the president choosing an individual to be part of his administration.
- an assigning or being assigned; appointment; allotment
- anything assigned or allotted, as a lesson, task, etc.
- a transfer of a claim, right, property, etc.
- an instrument, as a deed, authorizing this
- The act of assigning: His assignment of the tasks seemed unfair.
- Something, such as a task, that is assigned: What's the math assignment for tonight? See Synonyms at task.
- A position or post of duty to which one is assigned: The journalist took an assignment in China.
- Law a. The transfer of a claim, right, interest, or property from one to another.b. The instrument by which this transfer is effected.
- the act of assigning, or an assigned task
- a position to which someone is assigned
- (education) a task given to students, homework or coursework
- (law) a transfer of something from one person to another, especially property, or a claim or right; the document that effects this transfer
- (computing) an operation that assigns a value to a variable
Old French assignement
assignment - Investment & Finance Definition
The act of telling a futures or options writer that his or her contract has been exercised and that he or she must purchase or sell the underlying security at the specified strike price. At expiration, the exchange or clearinghouse assigns the futures or options contract to either a randomly or systematically chosen party.
assignment - Legal Definition