Teacher and students prepare for a ballet recital.
- A ballet performance at the end of a year of dance class is an example of a ballet recital.
- Reading off a list of names is an example of a recital.
- a reciting; specif., a telling of facts, events, etc. in detail
- what is so told; account, story, or description
- a detailed statement
- a musical or dance program given by a soloist, soloists, or small ensemble
Origin of recitalrecit(e) + -al
- The act of reading or reciting in a public performance.
- A very detailed account or report of something; a narration.
- A public performance of music or dance, especially by a solo performer.
- The act of reciting (the repetition of something that has been memorized); rehearsal
- The act of telling the order of events of something in detail the order of events; narration.
- That which is recited; a story, narration, account.
- A vocal, instrumental or visual performance by a soloist.
- (law) A formal, preliminary statement in a deed or writing in order to explain the reasons on which the transaction is founded, prior to a positive allegation.
recital - Legal Definition