- Musical is defined as something related to music, or someone with an ear or fondness for music.
- When the bells of a church sound like beautiful music, this is an example of when they would be described as musical.
- A person who is a good singer is an example of someone who is musical.
- The definition of a musical is a play where the characters sing and dance.
The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway is an example of a musical.
- of or for the creation, production, or performance of music
- having the nature of music; melodious or harmonious
- fond of, sensitive to, or skilled in music
- set to music; accompanied by music
Origin of musicalMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin musicalis ; from Classical Latin musica
- Of, relating to, or capable of producing music: a musical instrument.
- Characteristic of or resembling music; melodious: a musical speaking voice.
- Set to or accompanied by music: a musical revue.
- Devoted to or skilled in music.
- a. A play or movie that contains musical numbers.b. A musical comedy.
- Archaic A musicale.
(comparative more musical, superlative most musical)
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin musicalis, from Ancient Greek Î¼Î¿Ï…ÏƒÎ¹ÎºÏŒÏ‚ (mousikos), from Î¼Î¿Ï…ÏƒÎ¹ÎºÎ® (mousiki, â€œmusicâ€).