- like mush; thick, soft, and yielding
- poorly defined; blurry: the old recording had a mushy sound
- Informal affectionate or sentimental in a maudlin fashion
- Resembling mush in consistency or firmness; soft: ate mushy food after her tooth was pulled.
- Excessively tender or romantic; sentimental. See Synonyms at sentimental.
- Poorly defined; indistinct or blurry: “The young man drew his head back slowly, as if adjusting a mushy focus” (Rosemary Mahoney).
(comparative mushier or more mushy, superlative mushiest or most mushy)
From mush +"Ž -y.