An example of sentimental is an attachment to your childhood house.
- having or showing tender, gentle, or delicate feelings, as in aesthetic expression
- having or showing such feelings in an excessive, superficial, or maudlin way; mawkish
- influenced more by emotion than by reason; acting from feeling rather than from practical motives
- of or resulting from sentiment: a sentimental reason
- Having, showing, or caused by emotion, especially tender or affectionate feeling: I have sentimental ties to the small town I grew up in.
- Having, showing, or caused by strong or extravagant tenderness or sadness, often in an idealized way: “He had no sentimental illusions about poverty's virtues” (Sherill Tippins).
(comparative more sentimental, superlative most sentimental)