This milk could be described as mawkish.
- The smell of almost-rotten milk is an example of something that would be described as mawkish.
- A cheesy greeting card poem that makes you groan is an example of something that would be described as mawkish.
The definition of mawkish is something that smells a bit sickly, or is something that is overly sentimental in a way that kind of makes you feel sick.
- having a sweet, weak, sickening taste; insipid or nauseating
- so weakly or insipidly sentimental as to be sickening
Origin of mawkishliterally , maggoty ; from Middle English mawke, maggot ; from Old Norse mathkr ; from Indo-European base an unverified form math-, gnawing vermin from source moth
- Excessively and objectionably sentimental. See Synonyms at sentimental.
- Archaic Having a sickening taste.
Origin of mawkishFrom Middle English mawke, maggot, variant of magot; see maggot.
(comparative more mawkish, superlative most mawkish)
From mawk +"Ž -ish.