- A room with papers and clothes and dirty dishes spread all around is an example of something that would be described as sloppy.
- Jotting down quick answers to your homework that are written so messily the teacher can barely read them is an example of something that would be described as a sloppy effort.
- consisting of or covered with slop; wet and splashy; muddy; slushy
- splashed or spotted with liquids
- very untidy; showing lack of care; slovenly or messy
- careless; slipshod
- Informal gushingly sentimental
- Marked by or given to a lack of neatness or order; untidy: a sloppy room; a sloppy roommate.
- Showing or in the habit of using little care or attention: sloppy use of language; a sloppy researcher.
- Informal Oversentimental; gushy: a sloppy love letter.
- Of, resembling, or covered with slop; muddy or slushy: sloppy ground.
- Watery and unappetizing: a sloppy stew.
- Spotted or splashed with liquid.
(comparative sloppier, superlative sloppiest)
From slop, + -y suffix.