On days when Roy schlumps on the couch all afternoon, his dog Millie is happy to keep him company.
- The definition of a schlump is a sloppy or poorly dressed or stupid person.
An example of a schlump is someone dressed in clothes too big that are falling off.
- Schlump is slang for doing things lazily, in a foolish way or while poorly dressed.
An example of schlump is to lay around the house all day in your pajamas, not accomplishing any activities.
- a person who is stupid, foolish, inept, boring, etc.
- one who is sloppily or poorly dressed
Origin of schlumpYiddish from German schlampe, slut
- A person who is neither neat nor stylish; a rumpled or dowdy person.
- A person who is somewhat fat and unfit.
Origin of schlumpYiddish shlump German schlumpen to hang loose and English slump
- schlump′y shlump′y
From Yiddish ×©×œ×•×ž×¤Ö¼ (shlump, “stupid, foolish, or inept person")