- Present participle of slop.
Variant of slop
- watery snow or mud; slush
- a splash or puddle of spilled liquid
- any liquid or semiliquid food that is unappetizing or of poor quality
- liquid waste of any kind
- ☆ kitchen waste or swill, used for feeding pigs, etc.
- Informal excessive sentimentality in speech or writing
Origin of slopMiddle English sloppe ; from Old English (only in compound ) ; from base of slypa: see slip
- to spill liquid on
- to spill
- ☆ to feed swill or slops to (pigs, etc.)
- to overflow or spill, as a liquid when its container is tilted
- ☆ Informal to make a display of sentimentality; gush