so as to drip; thoroughly: dripping wet
- a falling of liquid drop by drop
- [usually pl.] anything that drips, esp. the fat and juices that drip from roasting meat
- The act or sound of something falling in drops.
- often drippings The fat and juices exuded from roasting meat, often used in making gravy.
(countable and uncountable, plural drippings)
- Solid animal fat, traditionally collected from dripping off roasting meat.
- The sound or action of something that drips.
- Lying in bed, I could hear drippings from the leaky roof.
- Present participle of drip.