- full of dash or spirit; bold and lively
- showy; striking; stylish
The definition of dashing is stylish, full of spirit or bold.
An example of a dashing person is someone who always wears bold, fashion-forward outfits.
- Audacious and gallant; spirited: a dashing young actor.
- Marked by showy elegance; splendid: a dashing sports car.
(comparative more dashing, superlative most dashing)
- Present participle of dash.
- The action of the verb to dash.
- Ashley cried, dashing out of her room.
- Carmen turned toward the house, dashing a tear from her cheek with the back of her hand.
- But you must remember I'm old, and my dashing days are past and gone.
- "Lift it two lines more and it will be just right," cried he in a feeble voice to which he tried to impart a dashing note, ill-suited to his weak figure.
- The French 4th Chasseurs d'Afrique made a dashing charge which drove the Russians off the Fedukhine heights, though at considerable loss.