the act or an instance of shooting a gun, specif., one that results in wounding or killing
- Present participle of shoot.
(usually uncountable, plural shootings)
- (countable) An instance of shooting (a person) with a gun.
- Police are hunting the people who carried out the shootings last week.
- (uncountable) The sport or activity of firing a gun.
- The act of one who, or that which, shoots.
- the shooting of an archery club; the shooting of rays of light
- A sensation of darting pain.
- a shooting in one's head