- the action of a person or thing that casts (in various senses)
- anything, esp. a metal piece, that has been cast in a mold
- anything thrown off or ejected
- [usually pl.]Zool. the excrement of earthworms
- a. The act or process of making casts or molds.b. Something cast in a mold.
- The act of throwing a fishing line or net.
- Something cast off or out.
- often castings A piece of excrement produced by an earthworm.
- The selection of actors or performers for the parts of a presentation.
- Present participle of cast.
- The act or process of selecting actors, singers, dancers, models, etc.
- A manufacturing process using a mold.
- The regurgitation of fur, feathers, and other undigestible material by hawks, to clean and empty their crops.
- The excreta of an earthworm or similar creature.
- (computing) The act of converting between data types.
casting - Computer Definition
(2) In programming, the conversion of one data type into another; for example, from an integer to a string or vice versa. The casting statement in the source code of a program causes the compiler to generate the machine code that performs the actual conversion. See integer and string.
(3) In Chromecast video streaming, casting is Google's term for pushing selected content from a computer or mobile device to the TV. See Chromecast.